- (Of an accountant, engineer, librarian, etc.) qualified as a member of a professional body that has a royal charter.More example sentences
- He is a mechanical engineer and a chartered accountant by qualification.
- Lockhart has a considerable array of business skills at his disposal, having qualified as a chartered accountant and solicitor in Scotland.
- Wilson, a qualified chartered accountant, was billed as an international insurance expert when he joined the Royal Bank's board in 1993.
More definitions of charteredDefinition of chartered in:
- The British & World English dictionary