noun (plural charwomen)British • dated
- A woman employed to clean houses or offices.More example sentences
- In the following six sections, the charwoman Mrs. McNab enters the house, ‘tearing the veil of silence’ of Charmichael's and Mr. Ramsay's poetic/metaphysical visions.
- Nancy Sharman recalled that her mother, a Southampton charwoman, had no time to read until her last illness, at age 54.
- I met a Battersea charwoman yesterday who was almost in tears because she lived on the wrong side of the street and couldn't vote for Saklatvala.
More definitions of charwomanDefinition of charwoman in:
- The British & World English dictionary