1A telephone service that allows conversation among a number of people who call into it separately.
- In 1989, the company banned telephone chatlines after discovering people were becoming addicted to them.
- Thankfully, when telephone chatlines first emerged, age was against me.
- He moved to Wiltshire a few months later after meeting the mother of the four-year-old girl through a telephone chatline.
1.1The access to, or connection with, a chat room.
- I understand she's formed a chat line between all the medics on board the boats so they can know if there are any problems, which is very good.
- A parliamentary chat line could be established.
- I think they met on some computer chat line last month or so.
For editors and proofreaders
Syllabification: chat line
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.