- A valve that closes to prevent backward flow of liquid.More example sentences
- The check valve in the strainer closes immediately when the shutoff valve is closed.
- In new construction, experts recommend installing pressure-reducing valves in the building to avoid over-pressurizing the system, which can shorten the life of relief valves and check valves.
- In order to prevent water and air interaction before entering the specimen, the separate lines which carry water and air are integrated with several on/off valves and check valves.
More definitions of check valveDefinition of check valve in:
- The British & World English dictionary