Definition of checkered flag in English:
Auto Racing A flag with a black-and-white checkered pattern, displayed to drivers as they finish a race.
- Even though our drivers did not score any points in the race, we decided to pass the chequered flag out of respect for the spirit of the new rules.
- He won pole position with a blistering qualifying time and controlled the race leading from the green light to the chequered flag, registering the race's fastest lap in the process.
- The eventful race which followed concluded with the team crossing the line 4th in class at the chequered flag and thus securing valuable points in the championship.
- take the checkered flag
- Finish first in a race: Unser took the checkered flag four times this springMore example sentences
- I'm upset that I wasn't able to finish the race and take the chequered flag today.
- He started on pole in both the races and took the chequered flag with comfort.
- He took the checkered flag at this race one year ago.
Definition of checkered flag in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.