1.1The portion of the stock of a rifle or shotgun that rests against the face when aiming from the shoulder.
- Typical of their classic styling, the rifle features a beaded cheekpiece and contrasting ebony forend tip.
- Of course I had to study the photos to check out all of the features, and I noticed that there appears to be something interesting about the cheekpiece of that stock.
- He indicated that future rifles will have a somewhat redesigned stock with a Monte Carlo cheekpiece.
1.2Either of the two straps of a horse’s bridle joining the bit and the headpiece.
- The horse also proved the value of the controversial sheepskin cheekpieces which are now regularly fitted to horses who find blinkers and visors too claustrophobic.
- He had worn cheekpieces that day, but as they did not have the desired effect Balding decided to apply the blinkers in a bid to encourage him to put his best foot forward.
- The Jockey Club will shortly insist that the cheekpieces, like blinkers and visors, are declared on racecards - about time too, as punters know they can improve horses but don't know if they're being worn.
For editors and proofreaders
Definition of cheekpiece in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.