- 1An implement for cutting cheese, especially by means of a wire that can be pulled through the cheese.More example sentences
- I have my Grandmothers wire cheese cutter- it must be 40- 50 years old.
- When Uncle Adam visited us he noticed that we didn't have a cheese cutter.
- This wrought iron framed cheese cutter is a super piece of Early American kitchenware and it is in really nice condition.
- 2 (also cheese-cutter cap) • informal A cap with a broad, square brim.More example sentences
- The shirt was snowy white, the cheese-cutter cap (worn back-to-front, naturally) similarly virginal.
- None but the truly die-hard fans would have recognised me, slouched here with a black cheese-cutter cap pulled low over my face, sunglasses obscuring my eyes.
- We had these hats called cheese-cutters, or straw boaters.
More definitions of cheese-cutterDefinition of cheese-cutter in:
- The British & World English dictionary