The branch of engineering concerned with the design and operation of industrial chemical plants.
- The understanding and development of these operations gave rise to the branch of engineering called chemical engineering.
- She earned degrees in physical chemistry and chemical engineering from the University of Cape Town in South Africa.
- I don't know whether to go for chemical engineering or electrical engineering.
chemical engineer noun
- Example sentences
- Individual nominees must be chemists or chemical engineers who are ACS members and who reside in the ACS regional meeting territories.
- Scholarships provide a valuable opportunity for aspiring chemists and chemical engineers in industry and academia.
- These individuals serve as a testimony to the valuable role that chemists and chemical engineers play in improving our lives.
For editors and proofreaders
Syllabification: chem·i·cal en·gi·neer·ing
Definition of chemical engineering in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.