Definition of chemoprophylaxis in English:
The use of drugs to prevent disease.
- However, there is no evidence that chemoprophylaxis prevents late-onset disease.
- It reviews key risk factors for malaria acquisition, measures to prevent mosquito bites, and drugs approved for chemoprophylaxis.
- To prevent recurrence of serious bacterial respiratory infections, antibiotic chemoprophylaxis may be considered.
- Example sentences
- All antimalarial chemoprophylactic regimens are associated with mild adverse events, but serious events are rare.
- Patients developing many skin cancers will also be treated with topical and oral chemoprophylactic medicines that can reduce the number of skin cancers occurring in the future.
- Up to 12 percent of these women report allergy to the principal chemoprophylactic agent, penicillin, and are treated with erythromycin or clindamycin.
Definition of chemoprophylaxis in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan