Definition of chemotherapy in English:
The treatment of disease by the use of chemical substances, especially the treatment of cancer by cytotoxic and other drugs.
- Cancer treatment using chemotherapy or radiotherapy can also make men infertile.
- The main treatments for bone cancer are chemotherapy, radiotherapy, and surgery.
- This is used less often than surgery and chemotherapy to treat ovarian cancer.
- Example sentences
- People using these drugs were called chemotherapists and are now called medical oncologists or cancer specialists.
- When celebrated chemotherapist Dr Kettering found out he had advanced cancer, he told his colleagues, ‘Do anything you want - but no chemotherapy!’
- I asked my first question of my doctor and chemotherapist: ‘What is the best technical literature about mesothelioma?’
Pronunciation: /ˌkēmōˈTHerəpəst/ /ˌkemōˈTHerəpəst/noun
Words that rhyme with chemotherapyaromatherapy, hypnotherapy, physiotherapy, psychotherapy, radiotherapy, therapy
Definition of chemotherapy in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan