- A tufted velvety cord or yarn, used for trimming furniture and making carpets and clothing.More example sentences
- To make your furniture snuggle-friendly, sew soft faux suede or chenille slipcovers for your favourite chair.
- If you cut the garment or project pieces ‘to size’ and then create the chenille, the final chenille piece may be too small.
- The bow stays tied better if you choose a textural ribbon, such as chenille, rickrack, or grosgrain.
mid 18th century: French, literally 'hairy caterpillar'.
More definitions of chenilleDefinition of chenille in:
- The British & World English dictionary