- A straight, close-fitting silk dress with a high neck, short sleeves, and a slit skirt, worn traditionally by Chinese and Indonesian women.More example sentences
- The opening drew a tux-and-gown crowd, including an array of cheongsams (traditional Chinese dresses) from San Francisco's sizable Chinese community.
- Photos from the time show a conservative 18-year-old, dressed in sober cheongsams, her hair sensibly bobbed.
- The most welcoming waitresses, of which there appears to be at least one per table, are smartly dressed in traditional cheongsams.
Chinese (Cantonese dialect).
More definitions of cheongsamDefinition of cheongsam in:
- The British & World English dictionary