1A hydraulic crane with a railed platform at the end for raising and lowering people, for instance to work on overhead cables.
- The large crane, on Sheer Jetty, went over at just after 10 am today while attempting to lift a cherry picker crane from the carrier's flight deck, which is covered with scaffolding and canvas as the deck is being repainted.
- Prison Service negotiators were hoisted up in a cherry picker platform to talk to the prisoner who came down voluntarily at about 6.30 pm.
- I took a ride on the cherry picker, a crane that lifted me high enough to see most of the county and, frighteningly, Lindy's blouse in the crowd below me.
2A person who cherry-picks.
- I whispered, being very deeply struck that a simple cherry picker would have the resources to gather such sensitive information.
- But in Montreal there's always some cherry picker hanging around the front of the line at a bus stop trying his luck.
For editors and proofreaders
Syllabification: cher·ry pick·er
Definition of cherry picker in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.