- A spherical miniature tomato. The fruit is glossy red, or occasionally yellow, and typically eaten in salad.
More example sentences
- Many varieties, in particular Lycopersicon lycopersicum cerasiforme
- Spearing a cherry tomato with my fork, I said to the old man, ‘No.’
- Well, Kevin's got something up his sleeve - and I think it's a cherry tomato.
- Loaded with vitamin C, this sugary, grape-size version of the cherry tomato was first cultivated in China.
More definitions of cherry tomatoDefinition of cherry tomato in:
- The British & World English dictionary