Definition of chervil in English:
A plant of the parsley family, with small white flowers and delicate fernlike leaves that are used as a culinary herb.
- Anthriscus cerefolium, family Umbelliferae
- Choose five of the following fresh herbs: flat-leaf parsley, chives, mint, chervil, basil, dill, tarragon.
- Flat-leaf parsley, chervil or tarragon all work nicely in there, too.
- If desired, garnish each tartlet with a leaf of chervil or a small sprig of dill.
Words that rhyme with chervilBrazzaville • tranquil
Definition of chervil in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan