A plant of the parsley family, with small white flowers and delicate fernlike leaves that are used as a culinary herb.
- Anthriscus cerefolium, family Umbelliferae
More example sentences
- Choose five of the following fresh herbs: flat-leaf parsley, chives, mint, chervil, basil, dill, tarragon.
- Flat-leaf parsley, chervil or tarragon all work nicely in there, too.
- If desired, garnish each tartlet with a leaf of chervil or a small sprig of dill.
Old English, from Latin chaerephylla, from Greek khairephullon.
Definition of chervil in:
- The British & World English dictionary