Definition of chervil in English:
A plant of the parsley family, with small white flowers and delicate fernlike leaves that are used as a culinary herb.
- Anthriscus cerefolium, family Umbelliferae
- Choose five of the following fresh herbs: flat-leaf parsley, chives, mint, chervil, basil, dill, tarragon.
- Flat-leaf parsley, chervil or tarragon all work nicely in there, too.
- If desired, garnish each tartlet with a leaf of chervil or a small sprig of dill.
Old English, from Latin chaerephylla, from Greek khairephullon.
Words that rhyme with chervilBrazzaville • tranquil
Definition of chervil in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.