Definition of chestnut oak in English:
A North American oak that has leaves resembling those of the chestnut.
- Genus Quercus, family Fagaceae: several species, in particular Q. montana (or Q. prinus) of the eastern US
- Data were collected from red maple, chestnut oak, and scarlet oak seedlings on the burned site and an unburned reference site.
- Red maple, chestnut oak, and scarlet oak are all abundant in the seedling layer.
- In fact, after a chestnut oak in Connecticut, it was the second tree ever to be officially nominated for national champion status.
Definition of chestnut oak in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan