Definition of chesty in English:
1(Of a woman) having large or prominent breasts.
- Well, that and he always has pictures of chesty babes.
- By March we had started rehearsals, the chesty senior (whose name was Ann) was playing Helena (one of the main heroines), and Rick was playing Oberon king of shadows.
- It's an audacious bit of dialogue for a cheapo skin flick starring some of the most naturally chesty gals you'll ever see in your life.
2North American Conceited and arrogant.
- She writes, ‘I hesitate to interrupt the victory laps, the chesty posing, the passing out of medals.’
- The genius, here, is that the athletic soar of that chesty attitude indicates not boyish high spirits or exuberant tough-guy mayhem, but a desperate cling to a fading image of the larger-than-life.
- And why do you get all chesty at the slightest provocation?
3Having a lot of mucus in the lungs: a chesty cough
More example sentences
- I would describe the symptoms as flu-like but the chesty cough made it appear like bronchitis.
- ‘I'm prone to picking up chest infections, like chesty coughs, and I get violent headaches,’ he said.
- As her other children - Ben, nine, and Kylie, six - played outside, only a chesty cough betrayed their mum's desperate struggle.
- Example sentences
- Rich looks slighter than I remember, and he is sounding bad, coughing chestily into his fist.
- He is fine company and laughs chestily at times, even if for the most part he assumes the patented demeanour of the serious, centred actor.
- I come down here wrapped in scarves, gloves and winter apparel, wheezing chestily and barely able to speak.
- Example sentences
- If a speaker has any excess chestiness or other colorations, the sound gets too muddled and indistinct.
- If you think you have a cough, cold or any form of chestiness, consult a registered medical practitioner.
- Aside from some occasional chestiness on vocals and a slight sense of veiling, midrange transparency was also good.
Words that rhyme with chestytesty, zesty
Definition of chesty in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan