1(Of a woman) having large or prominent breasts.
- Well, that and he always has pictures of chesty babes.
- By March we had started rehearsals, the chesty senior (whose name was Ann) was playing Helena (one of the main heroines), and Rick was playing Oberon king of shadows.
- It's an audacious bit of dialogue for a cheapo skin flick starring some of the most naturally chesty gals you'll ever see in your life.
2North American Conceited and arrogant.
- She writes, ‘I hesitate to interrupt the victory laps, the chesty posing, the passing out of medals.’
- The genius, here, is that the athletic soar of that chesty attitude indicates not boyish high spirits or exuberant tough-guy mayhem, but a desperate cling to a fading image of the larger-than-life.
- And why do you get all chesty at the slightest provocation?
3Having a lot of mucus in the lungs: a chesty cough
More example sentences
- I would describe the symptoms as flu-like but the chesty cough made it appear like bronchitis.
- ‘I'm prone to picking up chest infections, like chesty coughs, and I get violent headaches,’ he said.
- As her other children - Ben, nine, and Kylie, six - played outside, only a chesty cough betrayed their mum's desperate struggle.
- Example sentences
- Rich looks slighter than I remember, and he is sounding bad, coughing chestily into his fist.
- He is fine company and laughs chestily at times, even if for the most part he assumes the patented demeanour of the serious, centred actor.
- I come down here wrapped in scarves, gloves and winter apparel, wheezing chestily and barely able to speak.
- Example sentences
- If a speaker has any excess chestiness or other colorations, the sound gets too muddled and indistinct.
- If you think you have a cough, cold or any form of chestiness, consult a registered medical practitioner.
- Aside from some occasional chestiness on vocals and a slight sense of veiling, midrange transparency was also good.
Words that rhyme with chestytesty, zesty
For editors and proofreaders
Definition of chesty in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.