- A plant of the mint family with clusters of small two-lipped purple flowers. Chia is common throughout California and the Great Basin.
More example sentences
- Salvia columbariae, family Labiatae
- These include amaranth, chia, buckwheat, and quinoa.
- The chia, for instance, has exquisite flowers that look like mini-orchids unfolding from a pointed purple sphere.
- I keep my fat intake low, and besides hidden fats in chicken, beef and fish, I take in essential fatty acids only through flaxseed oil, chia seeds and essential fatty acid capsules.