- A squirrel with red fur, found in the coniferous forests of North America.
More example sentences
- Genus Tamiasciurus, family Sciuridae: three species, including the American red squirrel (T. hudsonicus)
- The trail rambles gently through dry lodgepoles alive with chickarees and golden-mantled ground squirrels.
- Waking up in a bed, in a room, was strangely silent; no birds, no chickarees, no creek rushing by.
- Watch for small mammals such as chickarees, marmots, and rock and golden-mantled ground squirrels.
early 19th century: imitative of its call.
More definitions of chickareeDefinition of chickaree in:
- The British & World English dictionary