- Easily frightened; cowardly.More example sentences
- We look so chicken-livered to the rest of the world that they think they can easily intimidate us into doing what they want.
- It is incumbent upon me, as leader, to stamp out this sort of morale-sapping, chicken-hearted nonsense.
- It is an unalloyed good, and it is sad to see our politicians responding with such chicken-hearted paranoia.
More definitions of chicken-heartedDefinition of chicken-hearted in:
- The British & World English dictionary