(also chickling vetch)
- another term for grass pea.More example sentences
- The chickling pea is cultivated for its edible seed in India and the Middle East, but see notes above on toxicity.
- An especially hardy plant, the chickling pea historically has served as an inexpensive survival food for the poor of certain developing countries.
- The chickling pea is unfortunately often confused with the edible and widely used chickpea.
mid 16th century: based on obsolete chich 'chickpea'.
More definitions of chickling peaDefinition of chickling pea in:
- The British & World English dictionary