- A senior noncommissioned officer in a navy, in particular an NCO in the US Navy or Coast Guard ranking above petty officer and below senior chief petty officer.More example sentences
- The new vessel has been configured with six-man cabins for junior rates and four-man cabins for petty officers and chief petty officers.
- The hardest workers among you may become chief petty officers, warrant officers and commissioned officers.
- A new method of delivering leadership training to chief petty officers is now part of the continual growth and development of Sailors.
More definitions of chief petty officerDefinition of chief petty officer in:
- The British & World English dictionary