- (In the UK and some other countries) the preeminent rabbi of a national Jewish community.More example sentences
- He sent a message to the chief rabbi of Rome's Jewish community saying he wants to continue the relationship with the Jewish community that began under John Paul II.
- The chief rabbi, the ministers, the mayors… none of them have the right words of comfort for me.
- Born in Hamburg and educated at the University of Bonn, he was the chief rabbi of Moravia, a community of 50,000 Jews.
More definitions of chief rabbiDefinition of chief rabbi in:
- The British & World English dictionary