Definition of child trafficking in English:
The illegal movement of children, typically for the purposes of forced labor or sexual exploitation: child trafficking has become a worldwide concern in the past few years
More example sentences
- Child trafficking persists because criminal syndicates are behind the illicit trade, tourism is sometimes involved, and victims often are afraid to come forward.
- Child trafficking was a global crisis, with about 1.2 million being trafficked worldwide each year.
- The ship's captain denied any involvement in child trafficking.
child trafficker noun
- Example sentences
- EU collaboration on crime and policing have helped to apprehend money launderers, trap child traffickers and stop fraudsters.
- We have rescued more than 50 children from child traffickers.
- The government has also stepped up security on its borders to prevent young victims being smuggled out by child traffickers.
Definition of child trafficking in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan