- A spicy stew of beef and red chilies or chili powder, often with beans and tomatoes.More example sentences
- She reckons about 50 per cent of what they produce is homemade - minced lamb hotpot, chilli con carne, spaghetti bolognese, that kind of stuff - plus a mean chicken pie.
- Into the mains and there is a choice of Cumberland sausage, beef stew, beef stroganoff, spaghetti Bolognese, chilli con carne, Chinese style spare ribs and a chicken curry.
- That book, The Cuisines of Mexico, became a best-seller and taught a generation of Americans that Mexican food meant more than tacos, nachos and chilli con carne.
mid 19th century: from Spanish chile con carne, literally 'chili pepper with meat'.
More definitions of chili con carneDefinition of chili con carne in:
- The British & World English dictionary