Definition of chimney swift in English:
The common swift found over the eastern part of North America, with mainly dark gray plumage.
- Chaetura pelagica, family Apodidae
- For example, the wing loading of a highly maneuverable bird such as the chimney swift is ten times smaller than that of the aeronautically challenged common loon.
- The chimney swift is the most widely distributed and plentiful swift in North America, especially east of the Mississippi River.
- At least one species of swift, chimney swifts are cooperative breeders.
Definition of chimney swift in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan