Definition of chimney swift in English:
The common swift found over the eastern part of North America, with mainly dark gray plumage.
- Chaetura pelagica, family Apodidae
- For example, the wing loading of a highly maneuverable bird such as the chimney swift is ten times smaller than that of the aeronautically challenged common loon.
- The chimney swift is the most widely distributed and plentiful swift in North America, especially east of the Mississippi River.
- At least one species of swift, chimney swifts are cooperative breeders.
Definition of chimney swift in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.