- A mammal of the order Chiroptera; a bat.More example sentences
- To delve further into this subject, check out our new exhibits on vertebrate flight and chiropteran flight.
- The molecular clock applied herein suggests that the first divergence among chiropterans dates back to approximately 62 MYA.
- Lyssavirus is found naturally among chiropteran and carnivoran mammals and is spread by the exchange of body fluids.
adjectiveBack to top
- Relating to or denoting chiropterans.More example sentences
- The molecular phylogeny presented here is consistent with either two independent origins of echolocation within the chiropteran lineage or a single origin.
- The relaxed Bayesian clock method following the methodology outlined in Matthee et al. was used to date the evolution of the various chiropteran lineages.
- The limitation of using single markers for resolving family-level chiropteran relationships was highlighted by the results obtained from analyses of individual nuclear intron fragments.
More definitions of chiropteranDefinition of chiropteran in:
- The British & World English dictionary