noun (plural same)
- another term for axis deer.More example sentences
- In addition to deer, chital and wild boar, domestic cattle are now an important item on the tiger's menu in several areas.
- Mills has culled a great deal of data to show which ungulates form its preferred diet - chital, sambar, nilgai and barasingha, and in some forests, gaur.
- 8 June: We arrived to find Lakshmi carrying a small chital fawn across the meadow to the upper fork of Menhar Nala.
late 19th century: from Hindi cītal, from Sanskrit citrala 'spotted', from citra 'spot, mark'.
More definitions of chitalDefinition of chital in:
- The British & World English dictionary