An antibiotic used against serious infections such as typhoid fever.
- This antibiotic is obtained from the bacterium Streptomyces venezuelae or produced synthetically
More example sentences
- Recently, emerging strains of enterococci have acquired resistance to erythromycin, chloramphenicol, tetracycline, fluoroquinolones, and vancomycin.
- This strain was resistant to methicillin, cephalothin, gentamicin, erythromycin, chloramphenicol and tetracycline.
- Gentamicin, tetracycline, chloramphenicol and fluoroquinolones are alternative treatments.
Definition of chloramphenicol in:
- The British & World English dictionary