- The end of a knife’s cutting edge that is nearer to the handle.More example sentences
- When gripped with all fingers below the finger choil more weight shifts to the blade, and the knife can be used for some serious hacking.
- The choil is sloped, and the top edge of the blade is ramped to accommodate the trademark round hole, and has deep cut notches which give exceptional grip.
- Those knurled wheels on the back of the choil also serve to improve purchase.
late 19th century: of unknown origin.
More definitions of choilDefinition of choil in:
- The British & World English dictionary