Definition of choisya in English:
An evergreen Mexican shrub with sweet-scented white flowers, widely grown as an ornamental.
- Choisya ternata, family Rutaceae
- Finding the plants was a problem in a country where the flower palette is either annuals (too high-maintenance) or choisyas, hydrangeas and perhaps the odd gaura, according to Henrietta.
- We have two choisyas - one light green the other dark green - which we chose for the north-facing fence.
- I have a shrub in my garden that I think is choisya.
named after Jacques D. Choisy (1799–1859), Swiss botanist.
Definition of choisya in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan