adjective (chokier, chokiest)
- 1Having or causing difficulty in breathing: the whole place was choky with tear gasMore example sentences
- His last words were lost on a choky, gasping noise as Honey felt him being ripped out of her arms as he had once before.
- It had only started a half hour before we noticed it, but fluffy ash was floating in the air before I finished mowing, and it was choky being outside.
- The air was choky with a blended smell derived from dust and worn boot leather and spilt essences of hops and healthy, unwashed, sweaty bodies.
- 1.1Breathless and overwhelmed with emotion: “Nick,” she said, suddenly chokyMore example sentences
- She reached out to hold him and her voice was choky.
- Mom's voice was choky.