- A Latin American woman or girl with Indian blood; a mestiza: [as modifier]: a couple of chola girlsMore example sentences
- Chicheras were better off economically than most cholas and certainly than Indians, and their cultural connection to chicha gave them social advantages within the chola community.
- Their move into the city could mean a move from an identity as an Indian to an identity as a chola, if they so chose.
- Her most offensive transgression against the community, however, is her decision to date a non-cholo man, a decision that infuriates both her parents and the other cholas.
mid 19th century: American Spanish (see cholo).
More definitions of cholaDefinition of chola in:
- The British & World English dictionary