- A cell that has secreted the matrix of cartilage and become embedded in it.More example sentences
- Microscopic examination revealed nodules of hyaline cartilage with chondrocytes arranged in a clustering pattern.
- It is essentially composed of a type II collagen sponge supported by water held in place by proteoglycans produced by the chondrocytes embedded in the matrix.
- Epiphyseal cartilages showed huge chondrocytes, frequently with intracytoplasmic vacuoles.
More definitions of chondrocyteDefinition of chondrocyte in:
- The British & World English dictionary