nounNorth American • informal
- A place where stolen vehicles are dismantled so that the parts can be sold or used to repair other stolen vehicles.More example sentences
- Others are destined for so-called chop shops, that sell on the parts to rogue repair shops and mechanics.
- We're not a chop shop, y'know; bring the car in, take the radio out and grab those hubcaps.
- A chop shop strips it down to the chassis, and saves all the parts.
More definitions of chop shopDefinition of chop shop in:
- The British & World English dictionary