nounMusic , • technical
- A stringed instrument.More example sentences
- Many European countries adapted this simplest chordophone, adding strings, frets, lengthening or shortening the strings, and changing the body's shape.
- The piano, dulcimer and the clavichord are examples of chordophones that are struck.
- Composite chordophones have necks or yokes and their strings can by tuned to different notes during play.
More definitions of chordophoneDefinition of chordophone in:
- The British & World English dictionary