Definition of chore in English:
1A routine task, especially a household one.
- Girls as young as four and five are expected to help with household chores and to care for their younger siblings.
- Geraldine was doing her home chores when the phone rang for her Evening Press interview.
- By the time I get up, do the usual daily chores and get everyone fed it'll be time to go to work.
task, job, duty, errand;
(chores)work, domestic work, drudgery
1.1An unpleasant but necessary task: he sees interviews as a chore
More example sentences
- Too many of them were standing around as though fielding were merely a tedious chore to be undertaken before you got your turn at bat.
- For me, it's so much more of a chore or a necessity than a pleasure.
- This seems strange to some, but why should we not make something fun out of a necessary chore?
Words that rhyme with choreabhor, adore, afore, anymore, ashore, awe, bandore, Bangalore, before, boar, Boer, bore, caw, claw, cocksure, comprador, cor, core, corps, craw, Delors, deplore, door, draw, drawer, evermore, explore, flaw, floor, for, forbore, fore, foresaw, forevermore, forswore, four, fourscore, furthermore, Gábor, galore, gnaw, gore, grantor, guarantor, guffaw, hard-core, Haugh, haw, hoar, ignore, implore, Indore, interwar, jaw, Johor, Lahore, law, lessor, lor, lore, macaw, man-o'-war, maw, mirador, mor, more, mortgagor, Mysore, nevermore, nor, oar, obligor, offshore, onshore, open-jaw, or, ore, outdoor, outwore, paw, poor, pore, pour, rapport, raw, roar, saw, scaur, score, senhor, señor, shaw, ship-to-shore, shop-floor, shore, signor, Singapore, snore, soar, softcore, sore, spore, store, straw, swore, Tagore, tau, taw, thaw, Thor, threescore, tor, tore, torr, trapdoor, tug-of-war, two-by-four, underfloor, underscore, war, warrantor, Waugh, whore, withdraw, wore, yaw, yore, your
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.