- A simple piece with meaningful choreography that your dancers can perform well is better than a flashy number that's beyond their abilities.
- Performing her own modern choreography at The Juilliard School rekindled her drive.
- Seeing his choreographies is always a treat, but attending a talk at the Candian Centre for Architecture with American choreographer William Forsythe gave followers extra insight to Forsythe as choreographer and as a person.
- ‘Librettists of that period would know very little about music, choreography or costume design,’ she added.
- It is simply the acceptance of choreography as an art form in its own right.
- Practically her whole life revolved around dancing and choreography.
- Example sentences
- What would his ballets and choreographic vocabulary look like if his production budget had been as stringent as Balanchine's during the Forties and Fifties?
- In 1948, at age 18, he made his choreographic debut with the New Dance Group.
- However, few scenes are realized as dance action, and the choreographic invention is modest.
- Example sentences
- The first of three works on the New Classics Collection program, Appalachian Spring remained choreographically intact thanks to Diane Gray's superb staging.
- Unfortunately, this adaptation of Dorian proved dramatically fuzzy and choreographically mundane.
- I began to think choreographically, anticipating how action, use of space, and degree of energy would best enhance the photos, and the choreographer framed movement and poses as if seeing them through a viewfinder.
Late 18th century (in the sense 'written notation of dancing'): from Greek khoreia 'dancing in unison' (from khoros 'chorus') + -graphy.
Words that rhyme with choreographyautobiography, bibliography, biography, cardiography, cartography, chirography, chromatography, cinematography, cosmography, cryptography, demography, discography, filmography, geography, hagiography, historiography, hydrography, iconography, lexicography, lithography, oceanography, orthography, palaeography (US paleography), photography, radiography, reprography, stenography, topography, typography
For editors and proofreaders
Definition of choreography in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.