- A map that uses differences in shading, coloring, or the placing of symbols within predefined areas to indicate the average values of a property or quantity in those areas. Compare with isopleth.More example sentences
- They also compared a choropleth map showing the number of people living in each state with one showing population density.
- Care is needed in the interpretation of all maps, and choropleth maps are no exception.
- On a choropleth map, cartographic convention assigns the darkest color to the highest value.
1930s: choropleth from Greek khōra 'region' + plēthos 'multitude'.
More definitions of choropleth mapDefinition of choropleth map in:
- The British & World English dictionary