Definition of chosen in English:
past participle of choose.
adjective[attributive] Back to top
Having been selected as the best or most appropriate: music is his chosen vocation
More example sentences
- Those who want to work in their chosen fields often have to migrate to other countries.
- Thus a person's chosen lawyer may be ill or engaged elsewhere or conflicted out.
- She really is an exceptional woman and her commitment to her chosen sport is astounding.
selected, picked, appointed, elected, favored, hand-picked
- 1chosen few
- A group of people who are special or different, typically in a way thought to be unfair: why have they kept this secret to themselves, the chosen few?More example sentences
- After centuries of changing political rule, however, education became the privilege of a chosen few, and was confined within the walls of the palaces.
- Every deficiency is magnified, the feelings of loneliness, poverty, and hopelessness casting long and cold shadows over the snow in the face of the opulence of the chosen few.
- Luke is one of the lucky chosen few, and the admission could mean realising his dreams of entering a prominent law school.
- 2chosen people
- The Jewish people considered (in Jewish and Christian tradition) as having been selected by God for a special relationship with him.Example sentences
- Originally a secular movement, Zionism has its foundation in the Millenarian belief that the Jews, the chosen people of God, will be reunited from diaspora (dispersion or exile) in their rightful homeland.
- We need to stand together and remain the chosen people.
- He is preaching to Israel, God's chosen people, those who worshiped at the temple and synagogue and believed in the God of Abraham.
- 2.1(In Christian use) those destined for salvation; believing Christians.Example sentences
- In the new covenant introduced by Jesus, we have all become God's chosen people, called to spread the marvelous truth of his love to the world.
- God's chosen people become willing in the day of His power.
- We are all a chosen people, beloved of God, redeemed by the blood of Christ.
Words that rhyme with chosenfrozen
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.