Definition of chosen people in English:
1The Jewish people considered (in Jewish and Christian tradition) as having been selected by God for a special relationship with him.
- Originally a secular movement, Zionism has its foundation in the Millenarian belief that the Jews, the chosen people of God, will be reunited from diaspora (dispersion or exile) in their rightful homeland.
- We need to stand together and remain the chosen people.
- He is preaching to Israel, God's chosen people, those who worshiped at the temple and synagogue and believed in the God of Abraham.
1.1(In Christian use) those destined for salvation; believing Christians.
- In the new covenant introduced by Jesus, we have all become God's chosen people, called to spread the marvelous truth of his love to the world.
- God's chosen people become willing in the day of His power.
- We are all a chosen people, beloved of God, redeemed by the blood of Christ.
Definition of chosen people in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.