- Pickled cabbage; sauerkraut.More example sentences
- Here we serve 100 platefuls of choucroute a day.
- However, the German name Sauerkraut and the French choucroute (a corruption of the German) were already in use, and stuck when the technique changed.
- Chez Yvonne dishes up the best choucroute garnie, heaps of sauerkraut blanketed by cuts of pork and potatoes.
French, from German dialect Surkrut 'sauerkraut', influenced by French chou 'cabbage'.
More definitions of choucrouteDefinition of choucroute in:
- The British & World English dictionary