Definition of chowderhead in English:
nounNorth American informal
A stupid person.
- I think I just coined ‘Better Blown Up Than Grown Up’ to describe the new crop of anti-war chowderheads, and their childish slogans.
- Besides, what chowderhead keeps cracking his bubble gum near the microphone all the time, anyway?
- These chowderheads can't seem to get it through their tiny brains that they're dealing with a legal problem now, not a PR problem.
mid 19th century: probably a variant form of early 17th-century jolter-head 'thick-headed person'.
- Example sentences
- Once the decision was made to go for chowderheaded sensation over more difficult to digest substance, things only got worse.
- As usual, you've taken the most chowderheaded possible approach to an issue.
- Anyway, this all goes to show how chowderheaded the Martians really are.
Definition of chowderhead in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia