Definition of chromakey in English:
A technique by which a block of a particular color (often blue or green) in a video image can be replaced either by another color or image, enabling, for example, a weather forecaster to appear against a background of a computer-generated weather map.
- During rehearsals for the main ITV1 programmes, the channel decamps to a small single-camera chromakey studio, which wasn't too bad with the old look as you almost couldn't tell to look at it visually.
- Arm yourself with Eejit's ‘Film Lingo’ and you'll soon know your cookie from your cutaway, your capture card from your chromakey, so you can easily cut to your closeup.
- You've seen chromakey in action, even if you might not know what it is.
verb (chromakeys, chromakeying, chromakeyed)[with object] Back to top
Manipulate (an image) using chromakey.
- The anchor sergeant is shot against a blue screen, and chromakeyed in post over the virtual set, which we created in Strata 3DPro.
- But for those whose editing programs won't handle the pre-keyed footage, we've chromakeyed it so you can key it yourself.
- If the polarity of the area signal is reversed, the region which can be chromakeyed is reversed as a matter of course.
Definition of chromakey in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.