Definition of chub in English:
A thick-bodied European river fish with a gray-green back and white underparts, popular with anglers.
- Leuciscus cephalus, family Cyprinidae
- Nine thousand young stickleback, roach, dace, chub and eels died along an 11 km stretch of the beck.
- At the close he had taken 36 lb 8oz of small carp, ide, orfe, chub and skimmers.
- In the Great Lakes region, alewives, smelt, sculpin and chubs make up a large portion of the lake trout diet.
Late Middle English: of unknown origin.
Words that rhyme with chubblub, bub, Chubb, club, cub, drub, dub, flub, grub, hub, nub, pub, rub, scrub, shrub, slub, snub, stub, sub, tub
Definition of chub in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.