- Each of a number of periods (typically six) into which play in a game of polo is divided. A chukker lasts 7 1/ 2 minutes.More example sentences
- Within a week I was playing her as a spare in the Open first game, playing her a full chukker in the second game and she never looked back.
- The first section plays a 6-8 minute period or ‘chukka,’ then will rest and cool off their horses while the second section plays the second chukka.
- In the final chukker the Army scored a second, but the Navy's Royal captain struck back, setting up a seventh for OM Grant Fraser.
late 19th century: from Hindi cakkar, from Sanskrit cakra 'circle or wheel'.
More definitions of chukkerDefinition of chukker in:
- The British & World English dictionary