noun (plural churchmen)
- A male member of the Christian clergy or of a church.More example sentences
- Or perhaps the remark was a mere evasion, a way of saying politely to a prominent churchman that Africans desperately need to end the culture of impunity.
- Such statements are to be carefully considered as the prudential judgments of experienced churchmen.
- For most of the last 150 years African Christianity has been largely controlled and directed by European and American missionaries and churchmen.
More definitions of churchmanDefinition of churchman in:
- The British & World English dictionary