(also ciabatta bread)
- A type of flattish, open-textured Italian bread with a floury crust, made with olive oil.More example sentences
- While most are familiar with focaccia, the Italian flatbread, ciabatta was all new to me.
- Start off with some good bread - ciabatta if possible.
- Every culture has a different way of baking - we have the Italians to thank for ciabatta.
Italian, literally 'slipper' (from its shape).
More definitions of ciabattaDefinition of ciabatta in:
- The British & World English dictionary