- (With reference to a wound) heal by scar formation: [with object]: it was used to cicatrize certain types of wounds [no object]: his wound had cicatrizedMore example sentences
- This oil appears to be one of the most effective, naturally occurring, cicatrizing agents.
- Oil of Tamanu appears to be one of the most effective known cicatrizing agents in nature.
- In the middle ages, pastel leaves were applied in poultice for their cicatrising virtues.
late Middle English: from Old French cicatriser, from cicatrice 'scar' (see cicatrix).
More definitions of cicatrizeDefinition of cicatrize in:
- The British & World English dictionary