Definition of cider in English:
noun(also sweet cider)
1North American An unfermented drink made by crushing fruit, typically apples.
- I used to drink apple cider until they started talking about the need for it to be pasteurized.
- Complimentary cookies, coffee and apple cider will be served throughout the day.
- The baby shower was Sunday afternoon, and the cheesecake and apple cider were overflowing.
1.1 (also hard cider) An alcoholic drink made from fermented crushed fruit, typically apples.
- On the night in question, it is claimed that vodka, cider and an alcopop were on offer to youngsters.
- This time, I had more cider, wines and tequila than is good for a person.
- Mr Williams said Luke had drunk brandy, cider and taken cannabis before he smashed a window in the house.
Definition of cider in:
- British & World English dictionary